WORLD RENOWNED PLASTIC SURGEON
Prof. Dr. Lee L. Q. Pu
MD, PhD, FACS, FICS
Emeritus Professor of Plastic Surgery
Dr. Pu holds the following distinctions among prestigious societies in his specialty:
- Diplomate, the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Active Member, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Active Member, the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (The Aesthetic Society)
- Active Member, the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Fellow, the American Association of Plastic Surgeons (The most prestigious plastic surgery society in the USA)
- Fellow, the American Surgical Association (The most prestigious surgical society in the USA)
- Fellow, the American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Fellow, the International College of Surgeons (FICS)
- Active Member, the California Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Senior Member, Plastic Surgery Research Council
Dr. Pu is a board-certified plastic surgeon by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one of the most highly respected and trusted plastic surgeons amongst his worldwide colleagues. He is an internationally renowned plastic surgeon and has been featured in an ABC 20/20 special program for his innovative surgical technique.
He has been practicing plastic surgery for over two decades and made many contributions to his specialty. He is known for his ability to solve difficult clinical problems with innovative techniques in both reconstructive and aesthetic plastic surgeries.
As a Professor of Plastic Surgery at an Academic Medical Center in the United States, he has performed over 18,500 plastic surgical procedures with an outstanding safety record and unparalleled outcomes.
Dr. Pu has published extensively in the scientific literature and edited for the first ever textbook in plastic surgery (Aesthetic Plastic Surgery in Asians: Principles and Techniques). He is a leading editor for a new aesthetic breast textbook (Atlas of Contemporary Aesthetic Plastic Surgery) and is a co-editor of the most popular textbook on fat grafting (Fat Injection: From Filling to Regeneration). He has also been serving as a leading editor for the Clinics in Plastic Surgery series on fat grafting (Three issues) and Asian aesthetic surgery (One issue). (See online listing of his published textbooks, special issues of monograph, and scientific articles in aesthetic surgery)
Dr. Pu Signature Procedures
Dr. Pu is starting his private practice in Newport Beach, California and serving aesthetic patients with his recognized expertise in structural fat grafting, minimally invasive facial rejuvenation surgery, short-scar cosmetic surgery of the breast and body, and Asian cosmetic surgery. Here are 14 signature procedures his practice provides:
- Periorbital rejuvenation (Upper and Lower Blepharoplasties, Lateral canthopexy)
- Fat grafting for facial rejuvenation and contouring
- Asian facial rejuvenation
- Scarless facial rejuvenation
- Submental neck lift
- Endoscopic assisted transaxillary breast augmentation with implant
- Scarless breast augmentation and breast lift
- Short-scar breast lift or reduction
- Revision breast augmentation
- Correction of breast asymmetry
- Fat grafting for primary breast augmentation (No implant)
- Comprehensive mommy makeover (Breast, Abdomen, and Vagina)
- 360-degree Abdominoplasty
- Vaginal rejuvenation
In addition, Dr. Pu is:
- Emeritus Professor of Plastic Surgery at the University of California, Davis
- Affiliated Professor at the University of Washington in Seattle
- Honorary Professor of Plastic Surgery at the Plastic Surgery Hospital in Beijing and the Shanghai Nineth People’s Hospital in Shanghai, China.
- International Visiting Professor for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- International Travelling Professor for the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Oral Examiner for the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Pu is a physician first and his relationship with his patients and their safety are a priority in his practice. His patients receive personalized care with compassion and should expect to have the best possible results after surgery. Dr. Pu will be there every step of the way throughout surgery to ensure his patients’ safety, comfort, and the best possible outcome. As a surgeon, innovator, educator, scientist, and artist, Dr. Pu possesses a unique set of skills and always strives to be the best in the procedure of his patients’ choice. Dr. Pu is also fluent in Mandarin Chinese if such a communication is needed for his patients.
Dr. Lee Pu, Educator
Dr. Pu is a frequent invited reviewer for over 30 peer-reviewed medical journals. He has served over 80 visiting professorships and given more than 330 invited or keynote lectures both nationally and internationally.
He has performed 10 live surgeries in 4 foreign countries to demonstrate his innovative techniques in aesthetic surgery. He has organized as well as lectured in more than 130 instructional courses, panels, and symposia at national and international meetings.
He has served as a Conference Chairman for many national and international plastic surgery congresses. He is the Editor-in-Chief elect of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, an official journal of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
He was an associate editor of Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and a clinical editor of Aesthetic Surgery Journal. He has served on the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (Chair of Scientific Program Subcommittee), American Association of Plastic Surgeons, Plastic Surgery Research Council, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (Board Member), International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (Traveling Professor), and International Society of Plastic Regenerative Surgery (Board Member and Founding Member). He is a past President of the Kentucky Society of Plastic Surgeons and a Triumvirate of the Presidium of the World Association for Plastic Surgeons of Chinese Descent.
Dr. Pu, Innovator
Dr. Pu has been featured 9 times in newsletters and received several awards. He has published over 200 scientific publications in numerous peer-reviewed journals and 110 book chapters to demonstrate his innovations, discoveries, and unique plastic surgery techniques. He has published, as a leading editor, the first comprehensive textbook in plastic surgery (Reconstructive Surgery of the Lower Extremity) and the first ever textbook in plastic surgery (Aesthetic Plastic Surgery in Asians: Principles and Techniques).
He is also a leading editor for two new breast books (Atlas of Reconstructive Breast Surgery and Atlas of Contemporary Aesthetic Plastic Surgery), and most recently, Atlas of Reconstructive Surgery: A Case-Based Approach.He has been serving as a leading editor for the Clinics in Plastic Surgery series on fat grafting (Three issues), pre-expanded perforator flap (One issue), lower extremity reconstruction (One issue), and Asian aesthetic surgery (One issue). He is a co-editor of the most popular textbook on fat grafting (Fat Injection: From Filling to Regeneration).
Fat Grafting to the Breast
Asian upper blepharoplasty
Asian facial rejuvenation
Dr. Pu, Scientist
Dr. Pu has significant expertise in surgical research and received a PhD degree in experimental surgery. He has made recognized contributions in endothelial cell seeding of vascular grafts, angiogenic stimulation for ischemic legs or flaps, fat transplantation, cryopreservation of adipose tissues, and stem cell research.